The normal process for WATWB is to find a news story that shows off good people doing good things, talk about it a bit, and then hand you a link for more information. It’s a good way of doing things and supporting the little bit of good news that’s floating around out there, and it’s always nice to show that world isn’t populated entirely by complete dicks. Surprisingly, it’s not hard to come across something good during a normal week of perusing the news. Take, for instance, this picture of witches protesting racism.
Given the state of the world, you might think it’s a dicey proposition at best to find one positive news story a month, but it’s actually pretty easy. All too often we tend to perseverate on the negative stuff out there and ignore the good stuff, but all that does is harsh our collective mellows and give voice to the assholes of the world. Trust me, the assholes have enough of a voice as it is, don’t give them any help speaking louder.
For all the crazy, racist crap we’ve had this year, we’ve also seen counter-protests dwarf Nazi rallies, bad guys getting locked up, and all manner of folks helping out after the devastating Kerala floods. So, the world’s not all bad, it’s just a little tweaked right now and will eventually work itself out. We sometimes just need a little nudge in the right direction to remind us that it only looks like the world is going to Hell in a handbasket. With that in mind, I’ll remind you of two important things: 1). not everyone is a flaming asshole. Most people are actually pretty good if you give them a chance. And 2). There are still dogs in the world.
So, I’m not going to post a link to an uplifting story, you should be seeking those out on your own if you want to maintain your sanity. Instead, I’m going to show you what I get to come home to every night and remind you that there are plenty of dogs out there and they’re all pretty good critters to have around, even if one of mine is snoring on her chair right now.
So, share ’em up, folks. Drop some dog pics in the comments and brighten someone’s day. Also, I’d like to remind everyone, there are plenty of great dogs out there that needs homes, so check out your local animal shelter and find a furry friend who’ll always be happy see you. Doubly so if you have food.
If you’d like to connect your blog and help spread a little joy (or snark, like I do), it’s easy to sign up. Just ask and ye shall receive. Or go check it out here: here.
1. Keep your post to below 500 words, as much as possible.
2. All we ask is you link to a human news story on your blog on the last Friday of each month, one that shows love, humanity and brotherhood.
3. Join us on the last Friday of each month in sharing news that warms the cockles of our heart. No story is too big or small, as long as it goes beyond religion and politics, into the core of humanity.
4. Place the WE ARE THE WORLD Badge on your sidebar, and help us spread the word on social media. Tweets, Facebook shares, G+ shares using the #WATWB hashtag through the month most welcome. More Blogfest signups mean more friends, love and light for all of us.
5. We’ll read and comment on each others’ posts, get to know each other better, and hopefully, make or renew some friendships with everyone who signs on as participants in the coming months.
6. To signup, add your link in WE ARE THE WORLD Linky List below.
This is a Blog Hop!
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…
And now, your moment of Zen.