Depending on who you listen to, climate change will either be the end of humanity or it’s a hoax invented by the Chinese because reasons. Some people dedicate their lives to fighting global climate change by complaining endlessly about industry while others give up straws for a week and call it good. Still others ignore every bit of evidence and claim it’s not happening. But, the sad fact of the matter is, the world’s climate is changing. It’s getting warmer. Weather is getting weirder. None of this is exactly debatable. What is debatable is how much of the problem is human causes (likely a lot) and what we can do about it (probably not much).
If that sounds glum, sorry.
Now, as I said, most people put on a shirt with some environmental message and claim they’re fixing the world. Then there’s David Gilmour.
If you don’t know who David Gilmour is, I’m very disappointed in you. He was the lead guitarist for Pink Floyd. If you don’t know who Pink Floyd is, I’m utterly disappointed in you.
Gilmour recently sold off some of his guitar collection for a whopping $21.5 million and donated all of it to a charity that’s fighting climate change. Kind of makes slapping some bumper stickers on your car and wearing a save the planet T-shirt look pretty lame, right?
Although, to be fair, most of us don’t have a guitar collection worth $21.5 million lying around. Also, to be fair, it’s gonna take more than one person’s guitar collection to change the world and every little bit helps. So, keep on using reusable straws, wearing save the planet T-shirts, and plastering your car with environmental bumper stickers. Rhetoric can be just as powerful a weapon as money.
And if you happen to have a collection of important, classic guitars lying around, feel free to sell them and donate the money to charity. Either way, shine on you crazy diamond. And if you haven’t listened to Pink Floyd, for the love of god, go do it now.
Read the whole story here
If you’d like to connect your blog and help spread a little joy (or snark, like I do), it’s easy to sign up. Just ask and ye shall receive. Or go check it out here: here.
1. Keep your post to below 500 words, as much as possible. (Wow, I totally missed that mark this time around).
2. All we ask is you link to a human news story on your blog on the last Friday of each month, one that shows love, humanity and brotherhood.
3. Join us on the last Friday of each month in sharing news that warms the cockles of our heart. No story is too big or small, as long as it goes beyond religion and politics, into the core of humanity.
4. Place the WE ARE THE WORLD Badge on your sidebar, and help us spread the word on social media. Tweets, Facebook shares, G+ shares using the #WATWB hashtag through the month most welcome. More Blogfest signups mean more friends, love and light for all of us.
5. We’ll read and comment on each others’ posts, get to know each other better, and hopefully, make or renew some friendships with everyone who signs on as participants in the coming months.
6. To sign up, add your link in WE ARE THE WORLD Linky List below.
This is a Blog Hop!
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…
And now, your moment of Zen.