One Million Moms, those fun folks that hate pretty much everything, are running a petition to get Fox’s Lucifer stopped. Their problem with the show stems from the fact that Lucifer (which is based on a comic of the same name) in the show is the actual, factual Lucifer who has decided to step out of Hell and into L.A. True to his amazing powers, Lucifer can actually tell the difference between the two places. In L.A., Lucifer helps the police punish criminals. Among other things, One Million Moms takes offense at the idea that the Lucifer in the show is portrayed as something other than a unholy terror and abomination in the eyes of God. They also oppose scenes of violence, scantily clad women (this is L.A., remember), and any kind of fun in general.
One Million Moms appears to have some funding because anything they want to get rid of gets pretty well known pretty quickly. Of course, most of the people that see their protests realize that what’s being protested actually looks interesting and thus ratings go up.
So, with that in mind, I’d like to offer a list of reasons One Million Moms should look into protesting Henchmen and Arise. To make things easier for them, I’ve prepared a bulleted list of things they would probably be averse to.
- Scenes of nudity
- Scenes of bondage
- Bad guys opposing the Government
- A brief bit of cross-dressing
- Someone moves a chair
- Sushi, which may be considered unclean by some standards is consumed off a naked woman
- Multiple deaths
- A God that is not Jesus is introduced
- A homosexual couple that are treated as just normal people and not scorned
- Discussions of pornography
- Scenes of violence
- A general disrespect for organized religion
- Discussions of humans as Gods
- Genetic modification (playing God)
- An End Time vision that tracks more closely to the Norse version of the end of the world
- A man becomes defeats a God
- Kissing between unmarried people
- More treatment of a homosexual couple as just regular folks
So, One Million Moms, if you’re looking for something you can really get yourself wrapped around the axle about, why not ban Henchmen and Arise before their moral turpitude infects anyone? There’s probably even some other stuff in my books that’s really, really bad, so I beg of you, One Million Moms, start an international campaign to ban my books. Spare no expense.