Things is getting better. Cops are rescuing kittens from rush hour traffic, the former record for tallest stack of M&Ms has been broken, and more than 7000 schools are now solar powered. Also, Rudy Giuliani lost his license to practice law in New York, but that’s a whole other story.
Despite all the good news of the day, this is gonna be a short post. Despite the fact that Guinness Book of World Records has seen yet another record smashed, I think it’s best to focus on the gorilla in the room: Solar power. Now, the fact that 7000 schools in the US are going solar sounds really cool – and it is! – but they account for a tiny percentage of total schools, something like 5.5% of the total schools in the country. But it’s a start. Just like the biggest stack of M&Ms in the world started with only two pieces of candy, a switchover to renewable energy – which has huge implications even at the national security level – will start a bit at a time. Eventually, we’ll hit a tipping point and the amount of energy we dig out of the ground at ever-increasing expense will be replaced with panels you strap to your roof. Given the amount of all-electric vehicles I’ve seen lately, that can only be a good thing.
Read the full story here and feel free to slag me for being a liberal tree-hugger in the comments.
If you’d like to connect your blog and help spread a little joy (or snark, like I do), it’s easy to sign up. Just ask and ye shall receive. Or go check it out here: here.
1. Keep your post to below 500 words, as much as possible. (Wow, I totally missed that mark this time around).
2. All we ask is you link to a human news story on your blog on the last Friday of each month, one that shows love, humanity and brotherhood.
3. Join us on the last Friday of each month in sharing news that warms the cockles of our heart. No story is too big or small, as long as it goes beyond religion and politics, into the core of humanity.
4. Place the WE ARE THE WORLD Badge on your sidebar, and help us spread the word on social media. Tweets, Facebook shares, G+ shares using the #WATWB hashtag through the month most welcome. More Blogfest signups mean more friends, love and light for all of us.
5. We’ll read and comment on each others’ posts, get to know each other better, and hopefully, make or renew some friendships with everyone who signs on as participants in the coming months.
6. To sign up, add your link in WE ARE THE WORLD Linky List below.
This is a Blog Hop!
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…
And now, your moment of Zen: