There’s a lot of good stuff going on in the world right now. COVID vaccines are rolling out. Evil chihuahuas are getting adopted. Trump is still not president. New Mexico will reopen fully once 60% of the state population is vaccinated. Considering we’re at 41% right now, the projected opening is the end of June or so. Also, we ditched the outdoor mask requirement, so now I can ride my bike without fogging up my glasses. Here’s hoping the anti-vaxxers and anti-maskers don’t completely fuck up everything for us like they have so many times in the past.
Let’s not throw our shoulders out patting ourselves on the back, though. The Cronizzle is still out there and there are hotspots – Michigan and India come to mind. What’s worse, now that the virus is in the environment and mutating like mad, it’s going to be with us for a long time. Probably forever. Fortunately, new treatments and vaccines are likely to take the edge off the little bastard.
I got my second shot toward the end of March. Pfizer pfor the win, I guess. Still no superpowers, no mutations, no voices in my head, no microchips. In a way, it’s kind of disappointing because a third arm would mean I could keep both hands on the keyboard and still use my mouse. Talk about multitasking.
Anyway, there’s still a lot of research to be done on the little bugger, but new technologies and techniques are being developed to deal with it. Including another Pfizer treatment in pill form. Some of the updates are a long way off, but rest assured we can beat this. In the interim, keep yourselves and others around you safe. Wear a mask and wash your hands; it ain’t rocket surgery. Some day, we’ll look back on all this and-well, probably not laugh because a lot of people are dead and Covid brought the world to its knees. So let’s just say, some day we’ll look back on this and hope like hell it doesn’t happen again.
If you’d like to connect your blog and help spread a little joy (or snark, like I do), it’s easy to sign up. Just ask and ye shall receive. Or go check it out here: here.
1. Keep your post to below 500 words, as much as possible. (Wow, I totally missed that mark this time around).
2. All we ask is you link to a human news story on your blog on the last Friday of each month, one that shows love, humanity and brotherhood.
3. Join us on the last Friday of each month in sharing news that warms the cockles of our heart. No story is too big or small, as long as it goes beyond religion and politics, into the core of humanity.
4. Place the WE ARE THE WORLD Badge on your sidebar, and help us spread the word on social media. Tweets, Facebook shares, G+ shares using the #WATWB hashtag through the month most welcome. More Blogfest signups mean more friends, love and light for all of us.
5. We’ll read and comment on each others’ posts, get to know each other better, and hopefully, make or renew some friendships with everyone who signs on as participants in the coming months.
6. To sign up, add your link in WE ARE THE WORLD Linky List below.
This is a Blog Hop!
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…
And now, your moment of Zen: